RTA is organising a special number plate auction online on January 28 at 8am and the auction is open to anyone with a Dubai registered vehicle and Dubai issued driving licence.
What can you get
You get Dubai number plates in private categories ((A-B-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T) starting from Dh1,000 to Dh42,000.
How to participate
- Online auction participants should have an account on the website www.rta.ae or register as a new user to get a username and password.
- New user must have a vehicle registered in Dubai or a driving license issued in Dubai
- Before the auction, set up a deposit of Dh5,000 with Dh120 as participation fee. At customer service centers ((Umm Ramool - Bur Dubai - Deira - Tawar Municipality) you can submit a deposit cheque for this. If you’re going about it online, use your credit card.
- You must pay the bid price within ten days of the auction closing on the number plate.
- You can pay by cash or credit card at RTA customer happiness centres (cash up to Dh50,000, Manager’s Cheque or credit card for above Dh50,000) or at service provider centres. On the website, you must use the credit card or the participant will be on the 'uncommitted' list.
- VAT at 5 per cent is applicable on the sale price.
RTA has a list of all the number plates available here.