Classifieds powered by Gulf News

I quit my job from abroad; can I come back to the UAE?

Questioner wants to know if a labour ban may be imposed after he quit his job while abroad

Image Credit: Supplied

Questioner from Dubai asks: I worked in a company for more than a year. I went for a vacation and due to some problem in my home country I did not return to my work. My contract is for unlimited period. My visa still valid expiring in December 2013. One month ago I have sent my resignation but I did not sent my passport to my company for visa cancellation. My question is can I apply for a new job in Dubai in case I get a good offer from new company and what kind of ban I may get from the Ministry of Labor. I tried to contact my company but no response. Please advise? 

I would like to clarify to the questioner that by doing so, he is contrary to Labor Law and therefore, six months later, the residence of the questioner shall be cancelled automatically by the Department of Naturalization and Residency. Accordingly, the sponsor of the questioner may submit application to the Ministry of Labor attached with the cancellation of the residence by the Department of Naturalization and Residency and to ask the Ministry of Labor to cancel the labor card as well as to impose one year ban by the ministry of labor. Therefore, the questioner may not be able to enter UAE until after one year.