Classifieds powered by Gulf News

Degree holders can transfer sponsorship twice

I have been working in a company for almost two-and-a-half years with unlimited labour contract. Earlier I had transferred my sponsorship to work with this company. Seven months ago, I submitted my resignation and I want to know whether I can transfer the sponsorship once again. My current employer has no objection to transfering the sponsorship. Please clarify this issue in accordance with the law applicable in the Ministry of Labour and whether the qualification is considered in this regard, as I hold a university degree.


The Ministry of Labour allows the worker to transfer the sponsorship based on the following:
1. The worker who holds high school certificate is allowed to transfer the sponsorship once only.
2. The worker who holds a university degree is allowed to transfer the sponsorship twice.
3. The worker who holds MA and PhD degree can transfer sponsorship indefinitely.

Questions answered by Advocate Mohammad Ebrahim Al Shaiba of Al Bahar Advocates and Legal Consultants.