Don’t wait until you learn your job is at risk of redundancy. A great practice is to think forward and plan a redundancy strategy before the unfortunate happens.
Here are a few questions to ask yourself, to help you plan ahead and find a way forward:
• Can I afford to stay in Dubai without a job?
• How much money per day or month do I need to live on?
• Will I be able to keep up with my mortgage payments back home?
• Can I keep paying my credit card balance?
• Will I get a redundancy pay? How much will I get?
• Am I entitled to a period of notice?
• What will happen to my bank account in the UAE?
• Where else can I work if I lose my current job?
• Can I negotiate with my employer not to cancel my visa immediately?
• Will my employer be open to the idea of me working part-time?