Global Village officially opens its doors to the public on November 1, under the theme Come Experience the World.
In its 22 season, the park will host major events along with shopping from around the world, entertainment, international cuisine and its largest fun fair — The Carnaval — to date. Here are nine things to know:
1. More than 75 cultures represented through 27 pavilions will showcase authentic products and crafts, heritage corners as well as cultural performances. There are two new pavilions debuting this year — Bosnia and Balkans, and South Asia Pavilion (Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal).
2. The park will feature a new concept — The Carnaval — Global Village’s biggest fun fair experience. The new attraction features colourful backgrounds, cheerful lighting and fast-moving tunes, and will have 28 rides, 34 skill games, a wide range of gifts and more than 100 arcade games in a new arcade building designed as a carnival tent.
3. When it comes to entertainment, this season will see more than 20 concerts by the biggest Arab and international stars at the park’s main cultural stage every Friday at 9pm. The UAE’s own Shamma Hamdan and Abdulla Bil Khair will perform on November 3. Other confirmed stars include Tamer Hosny, Mohammad Al Salem, Shreya Ghoshal and Mika Singh.
4. Global Village will host more than 12,000 cultural and entertainment shows throughout the 158 days of season 22. More than 80 artists were selected from the UAE, London, India and China after auditions of more than 1,500 performers.
5. The Mega Monster Stunt Show has returned this year after being one of the most anticipated performances. It builds upon the success of ‘Speed... Chase... Action’ from last season. With a bigger range of technology, special effects, cars, bicycles and audio and video effects, it features more than 30 stunt professionals, technicians and safety officials and will perform six days a week throughout the new season.
6. Catch one of the award-winning international cultural performances of season 22 — Beyond Bollywood — which has had more than 60 acclaimed performances in the UK, Europe, Algeria and India.
7. To celebrate the UAE’s 46th National Day on December 2, catch the special show called Watan Al Ahlam (Land of Dreams), which highlights the UAE’s heritage and takes guests on a journey of music and celebration that combines past and present.
8. This season, Global Village will feature 23 restaurants and cafes that include nine new cuisines from Mexico, China, the Gulf and Cuba. Guests can also sample the world’s best street food experience at more than 120 kiosks that offer a wide range of snacks, sweets and beverages, many of which are only available in Global Village.
9. Take part in the innovative Victory Project competition, which will attract 15,000 students from more than 50 UAE schools. Students will design and decorate more than 3,000 ceramic tiles in the shape of the UAE’s Victory Sign — a three fingers salute. These designs will be displayed at Global Village to celebrate the 46th National Day and three schools will win prizes of up to Dh100,000 for the development of their arts and crafts departments.
Don’t miss it!
Global Village is open Saturday to Wednesday from 4pm-12am, and on Thursday, Friday and on public holidays from 4pm to 1am. Entry tickets are Dh15. Children under thee, seniors over 65 years-old and the disabled enter free. For more, go to globalvillage.ae.