Passing a job interview takes more than just a nice suit; you have to do plenty of research on the company too. Read our guide to success.
Careers at Gulf News
As a media organization with businesses in print, digital and radio, along with being a leading newspaper in the UAE, GN Media is always on the look out for candidates with talent. With a challenging, rewarding work environment, competitive pay and benefits, Gulf News is one of the premium organizations to work for in the country. It is no surprise that we boast of very low attrition rates and long average tenures of our employees.If you are interested in joining of the most successful media companies in the UAE, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to bookmark this page. Our ads will always be posted here first,You could also follow us on https://www.linkedin.com/company/gulf-news for all our job vacancies.
Deputy Sports Editor
Gulf News is the biggest selling newspaper in the UAE, and the biggest selling English language newspaper in the Middle East. It is also home to the most visited website in the region, GulfNews.com.
It is part of GN Media, which is the home of the UAE's most popular radio stations, a contract publishing division, and a magazine arm that publishes, among other titles, Friday, the most widely circulated magazine in the country.
- The Deputy Sports Editor will be working closely with the Sports Editor to run the Sports desk on a day-to-day basis.
- The Deputy will plan and coordinate coverage for the section : overseeing production and editing, running editors and reporters and working to create and refine the desk’s workflow process to meet the demands of both print and digital publishing.
- The deputy will play a key role in helping the desk continue to evolve toward a digital-first model that works to produce stories all day long, as well as helping create interactive and multimedia projects from the Hub.
- The Deputy will be responsible to create and run the sports desk’s coverage of major global sporting events from the Olympics and the World Cups to Wimbledon, the golf Majors, the Super Bowl, the UEFA Champions League, the NBA Finals – all with an eye to catering to the multi-cultural readership of the UAE. The person will also help to promote the desk’s work through social media platforms.
- The ideal candidate should have a 7-8 years’ experience in people skills, a collegial approach to management, news and feature writing, be social media savvy with a thorough knowledge of most major sporting disciplines and a creative eye.
You could also follow us on linkedin to apply for this vacancy.
On the job hunt?
Have you ever wondered about switching careers? If you have, consider these top paying sectors in the job market.
Your employer must arrange these five documents for you to be a legal resident
After that job in Dubai? Read our guide to learn how to write the ultimate CV.
Are you stuck at a desk? Have your colleagues moved up and left you behind? Do you feel you can offer your company more? Then read our guide to landing that promotion.