Passing a job interview takes more than just a nice suit; you have to do plenty of research on the company too. Read our guide to success.
Careers at Gulf News
As a media organization with businesses in print, digital and radio, along with being a leading newspaper in the UAE, GN Media is always on the look out for candidates with talent. With a challenging, rewarding work environment, competitive pay and benefits, Gulf News is one of the premium organizations to work for in the country. It is no surprise that we boast of very low attrition rates and long average tenures of our employees.If you are interested in joining of the most successful media companies in the UAE, please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to bookmark this page. Our ads will always be posted here first,You could also follow us on https://www.linkedin.com/company/gulf-news for all our job vacancies.
Web News Editor
Our Editorial team needs full-time digital-savvy Web News Editors who can help run our Web site and digital content products. He/she will understand the kinds of stories that will drive Gulfnews.com traffic, helping to make Gulf News the must-use, go-to digital source for news and information in UAE.
The candidate will need to source, edit and write news stories from a variety of sources, delivering breaking news quickly and accurately.
The individual will be able to integrate compelling and creative text and headlines, still images, audio, video, and web links to create appealing and thoughtful online packages.
He will need to build compelling pages designed to encourage click-throughs and repeat visits to the site.
The web editor will monitor news and social media, and update various sections of the site multiple times a day. He/she will manage various social media accounts.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for maximizing traffic to Gulfnews.com, analyzing and internalizing real-time and historical visitor trends and appropriately placing content on pages. The Editor will coordinate with reporters to ensure GulfNews.com not only breaks the news, but continues to follow up to remain ahead of the key stories of the day.
The successful candidate should have a strong command of web headline news writing and editing experience; exceptional writing, spelling and grammar skills; familiarity with online content management systems; and the ability to work accurately and independently under deadline pressure.
This is a full-time position. Applicants should note the flexibility required to work early AM and late PM shifts on rotation. The Editor needs to be able to work independently, and confidently to be able to manage the news flow onto the site.
Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years plus experience as a journalist and editor primarily in online news.
To apply send your cv with a covering letter at the latest by 25th June 2016.
You could also follow us on linkedin to apply for this vacancy.
Brand Manager – Entertainment
Gulf News media is seeking a Brand Manager for the Marketing team who is passionate about helping to build products for the next generation of brand advertising.The successful candidate must have strong experience and knowledge of the brand advertising ecosystem. Ideally the candidate will have developed and managed product marketing programs for a media owner or worked closely with creative agencies. He or she must have experience effectively collaborating with cross-functional teams across the company to drive results. Additionally, he or she must be data-driven and knowledgeable about audience insights, CRM and adopting a single customer view position.
This role will be full time, based in our Dubai office.
- Build specific brand marketing strategies that will deliver forecasted growth and support the overall strategic brand plan aligned to GN Media marketing strategy.
- Plan and lead cross-functional efforts to drive successful multi-channel marketing for brands including traditional media and Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and other new emerging channels.
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market and customers internally with Department Heads.
- Drive Brand activation to maximize audience awareness at all relevant external events.
- Lead market segmentation efforts to prioritize overall opportunities for brand marketing products.
- Communicate the value proposition of new products to all go-to-market teams and ensure that effective sales support materials and packages are created.
- BA/BS degree in Marketing with at least 5 years relevant experience in digital media /social media environment.
- Hands on experience with Creative Agencies is a strong plus
- Previous background in online and/or print marketing, preferably with exposure to brands in key verticals including FCMG, Retail, Entertainment
- Strong quantitative analytical ability and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate complex, large-scale concepts clearly and simply
- Comfort in a face-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits.
- Life Assuranceli>
- Yearly travel allowance.
How to apply :
- You could also follow us on linkedin to apply for this vacancy
On the job hunt?
Have you ever wondered about switching careers? If you have, consider these top paying sectors in the job market.
Your employer must arrange these five documents for you to be a legal resident
After that job in Dubai? Read our guide to learn how to write the ultimate CV.
Are you stuck at a desk? Have your colleagues moved up and left you behind? Do you feel you can offer your company more? Then read our guide to landing that promotion.