Dubai: Public relations (PR) agencies, individuals and academics were recognised for their contribution to the industry at the inaugural Middle East PR Association (Mepra) Awards ceremony held at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel in Dubai on Wednesday.
Ten best practice awards were presented at the event, alongside team and individual categories.
Now in its third year, the awards have become a significantly recognised accolade among the PR community. Judged by a panel of 20 experts, from agency and in-house teams, academia and media, 13 winners were chosen out of more than 65 submissions.
In addition, the new Mepra Chairman's Award for Services to Public Relations was awarded to Sadri Barrage from Headline PR, for his achievement.
Guy Taylor, Mepra chairman, said: "The awards have grown to become an integral part of the development within the Middle East PR industry. As markets mature and we drive forward professionalism, creativity and best practice it is important to recognise those who are contributing to this.
"Congratulations to all the winners and thank you to all those who have supported and continue to support Mepra. The organisation has had an exciting 2011 and we are looking forward to further increasing our presence through 2012."
The Middle East Public Relations Association (Mepra) is a "not-for-profit" professional association based in the UAE. It was founded in 2001 to represent the interests of PR practitioners working in the region. It has more than 370 individual members and 33 registered agencies with members in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Jordan and the UAE.
- 65: entries were submitted for the award
- 13: of the entries were chosen as winners
- 370: people are individual members of Mepra
- Multi disciplinary communications: DABO & CO and TMH
- CSR and community affairs: Jumeirah Group
- Research led communications: DABO & CO
- Government communications: Hill & Knowlton
- Employee engagement: Orpic & Four Communications
- Corporate Image/reputation: Edelman
- Consumer Relations: Four Communications
- B2B: DABO & CO
- Use of social/digital media: Hill & Knowlton
- Agency of the year: Edelman
- In-house team of the year: Mubadala
- Individual Awards
- Outstanding young professional of the year: Sonal Rupani from Edelman
- Mepra chairman's award for services to Public Relations: Sadri Barrage from Headline PR