Cairo: Bahraini authorities have said that nurseries in the country will remain shut until late October as part of precautions to protect children from the new coronavirus, media reported Friday.
The Ministry of Labour and Social Development said that closure of the licensed nurseries continues until October 25 out of concern for public interest and to protect the health of children, their families and staff in these places, Bahraini newspaper Akhbar Al Khaleej said.
The ministry added that it is cooperating with the national medical team and a state coordination committee to compile a guidebook on the stringent anti-virus precautionary measures to be put in place when nurseries reopen in a manner commensurate with children’s ages and protect requirements.
On Friday, the Bahraini Health Ministry announced two more deaths from COVID-19, bringing the total of such fatalities to 219.
Bahrain so far has reported a total of 63,189 virus cases.