Abu Dhabi: All wedding parties in Abu Dhabi have been banned from Sunday as a preventive measure to check the spread of coronavirus, the Department of Culture and Tourism in the capital said on Friday.
A statement from the department said, “In line with the prevalence measures for Coronavirus (COVID-19), the department is instructing all tourism establishments in the emirate to ban of wedding parties.”
The ban is effective from Sunday, March 15 until the end of the month.
- Iconic UAE landmarks lit up once again in solidarity with China
- Flight booking cancellations see sharp spike on coronavirus fears
- Coronavirus: Airline ticket rates reduced, but is anyone flying?
- Coronavirus: UAE doctors explain why shisha ban is a good thing
- Watch how coronavirus patients are treated in UAE
However, the department said it will update on a weekly basis.
The department legal measures will be taken against any violators.