Abu Dhabi: The National Day show on Friday at the Zayed Sports City Stadium is expected to present the treat of a lifetime to people in the capital.
Over 40,000 attendees including UAE leaders, heads of state and residents are expected to enjoy the performance, which is part of the official ceremony commemorating the 40th anniversary of the UAE Federation.
It features traditional Arabic dancers, acrobatics, animation, songs and puppetry, among other elements, to bring to life the UAE's history and accomplishments.
It will also focus on the life of the Federation's founder Shaikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan.
"This is just one of many great free public events and activities we have planned across Abu Dhabi. The Shaikh Zayed Grand Mosque, the Al Jahili Fort in Al Ain and other landmarks will be the venues of shows that combine light, colour and 3-D projections starting from Tuesday [today]," Faisal Al Shaikh, a member of the UAE National Day Planning Committee, said.
Tonight will also see the Corniche host a diverse range of activities and shows, including traditional performances, acrobatics and children's theatre until Saturday. Massive fireworks displays have also been planned for three nights from tomorrow.
The public can also enjoy free concerts at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (Adnec) and other locations in Al Ain, the Western Region and Dalma Island,Al Shaikh said.
Concert times and locations:
- Abu Dhabi: Adnec Abu Dhabi Hall from 9pm to midnight (except on December 2 when it will be from 10pm-1am)
- Al Ain: Heritage Village from 9pm to midnight
- Al Gharbia: Madinat Zayed, Cultural Centre from 9pm to midnight
- Dalma Island: Dalma Park from 9pm to midnight
- Many people have been wondering about the giant red ball appearing at various locations across the emirate. It is part of the Red Ball Project by US artist Kurt Perschke, who was invited by the Abu Dhabi Municipality. The ball has already been displayed on Shaikh Zayed Bridge, Madinat Zayed and Abu Dhabi Corniche, among other locations.
- For more information about the performances, the full schedule of National Day events and for further details on how to register for tickets please visit www.uaenationalday.ae/