- 250 gms boneless chicken, cubed
- 1 tomato, skinned, deseeded and blended
- 10 gms garlic, chopped
- 10 gms ginger, chopped
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 50 ml mustard oil
- 50 gms chickpea flour
- 50 gms yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat oil until it smokes. When the froth subsides, add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Saute until brown then add onion and chickpea flour, and saute for 2 minutes. Add tomato paste, saute for a minute and then keep aside.
- Beat egg yolk and add yoghurt, salt and cardamom powder, and mix well with the above mixture.
- Marinate chicken in this mixture for 30 minutes. Skewer chicken and grill until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve drizzled with lemon juice.