- 120-150g hake fish
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 tbsp flour
- 200ml non-alcoholic beer
- Oil, for frying
- 1 cup flour
- Marinate the fish with lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare the batter by whisking the egg into a bowl, then slowly add 1 cup water until well mixed.
- Add the flour and incorporate well. Whisk in the beer and season with salt and pepper, then chill.
- Heat oil in a pan. Meanwhile, coat the fish with the remaining flour, dip into the batter. Deep-fry fish until crispy.
- Serve with French fries or thick chips.