- 300g prawns, cleaned, peeled with tail on and cut to resemble a butterfly
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Salt, to taste
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 100g white bread crumbs
- 15g each, black and white sesame seeds
- Oil, for frying
- In a bowl, combine prawns, beaten egg, all-purpose flour and salt. Set aside to marinate for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, mix the white bread crumbs and black and white sesame seeds and place them on a flat tray. On another tray, spread the remaining all-purpose flour.
- Coat marinated prawns in all-purpose flour, then dip in beaten egg and roll them in bread crumb and sesame mix, covering the prawns completely. Flatten the prawns by pressing with your palm.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and deep-fry prawns for 3 minutes. Drain excess oil on kitchen towels. Serve hot on a platter with plum sauce on the side.