For mushroom risotto
- 40 gms rice
- 15 gms mushrooms, sliced
- 10 gms girolles*
- 5 gms garlic, chopped
- 25 ml cream
- 10 ml chicken stock (optional)
- 3 gms basil leaves
- 5 sheets filo pastry
- 10 gms butter
- 20 gms Parmesan cheese
- 5 ml olive oil
- 20 gms broccoli florets
- 30 gms baby corn, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 10 gms snow peas
- 10 gms bean sprouts
- 15 gms carrots, sliced
- 15 gms asparagus
- 10 gms lemongrass, for garnish
- 10 ml oyster sauce
- 5 ml oil
- Sesame oil, a few drops
For stir-fried vegetables
- Wash and parboil rice. Drain and wash in cold water again. Keep aside. To
- make risotto, heat butter in a saucepan and saute mushroom and girolles.
- Add garlic then rice and saute for 2-3 seconds. Add cream and, if it is too thick, add a little chicken stock and top with Parmesan cheese.
- Open the filo pastry carefully, brush a little olive oil on it. Arrange rice on it and evenly roll in a cylindrical style.
- Put the rice roll on a baking sheet and brush the rest of the oil on rice roll.
- Bake in moderately heated oven until light brownin colour.
- To make stir-fried vegetables, blanch all the vegetables in hot water and water.
- Heat oil in a pan and stir-fry all the vegetables till done.
- In the end, drizzle oyster sauce and sesame oil, and mix well.
- Arrange the vegetables on the plate and place risotto on top with lemongrass.
*Girolles are a kind of mushrooms