- EU awards Sakharov Prize to Yazidi women 50 minutes ago
- Babbar Khalsa militants sneak into Punjab51 minutes ago
- Man sets ‘disobedient’ donkey on fire1 hr ago
- Erdogan says Turkish operation will target Raqa1 hr ago
- Up to 900 terrorists killed in Mosul battle — US1 hr ago
- AGL: Engrossing battle on the cards1 hr ago
- RTA and Dewa continue their winning ways1 hr ago
- 15-year-old launches app game on nutrition1 hr ago
- Alia Saeed set for Dubai Women’s Run 1 hr ago
- Maradona to open restaurant on birthday1 hr ago
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 15:53 February 12, 2013
- Impersonator Kenny Wizz will recreate the Michael Jackson concert experience.
Michael Jackson lives!
At least for a few hours over the course of the week.
The Madinat Theater is hosting the Michael Jackson History II tour starting today and ending Feb. 20. The show is party of impersonator Kenny Wizz’s world tour, and the Las Vegas performer is coming to Dubai for the first time from South Africa.
The show promises to be a “full-on Michael Jackson concert,” according to Madinat Theater manager Bernadette Scott, featuring the dancers, moves and special effects that made a mark on the music industry. It’s also a bigger production than Wizz’s first tour (this is his second Michael Jackson show, hence History II), and he’ll be singing hits from albums like “Bad” and “Dangerous” as well as popular Jackson Five songs.
Tickets cost Dh185 for balcony seats and Dh250 for the stalls.