- Mother clings to hope for kids stuck in Turkey 1 hr ago
- Tourist haven for Yemenis escaping war1 hr ago
- Yemenis lament rough life under Al Houthi rule2 hrs ago
- New iPhones go on sale in UAE5 hrs ago
- Glimpse of Gibran’s genius7 hrs ago
- MQM agrees to withdraw resignations8 hrs ago
- Perfect Pune top Indian Super League standings8 hrs ago
- From the gold mine to the classroom8 hrs ago
- Injured Boonen crashes out of Abu Dhabi Tour8 hrs ago
- Viviani edges Sagan to the line in Abu Dhabi8 hrs ago
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 15:53 February 12, 2013
- Impersonator Kenny Wizz will recreate the Michael Jackson concert experience.
Michael Jackson lives!
At least for a few hours over the course of the week.
The Madinat Theater is hosting the Michael Jackson History II tour starting today and ending Feb. 20. The show is party of impersonator Kenny Wizz’s world tour, and the Las Vegas performer is coming to Dubai for the first time from South Africa.
The show promises to be a “full-on Michael Jackson concert,” according to Madinat Theater manager Bernadette Scott, featuring the dancers, moves and special effects that made a mark on the music industry. It’s also a bigger production than Wizz’s first tour (this is his second Michael Jackson show, hence History II), and he’ll be singing hits from albums like “Bad” and “Dangerous” as well as popular Jackson Five songs.
Tickets cost Dh185 for balcony seats and Dh250 for the stalls.