The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs requires the following for this purpose:
1. The applicant’s salary shall be Dh5,000 plus accommodation or Dh6,000 without accommodation.
2. Original employment contract attested by the relevant authority.
3. Visit visa charges of Dh620 and Dh2,000 as guarantee.
4. Period of visit visa may be for 30 days non-renewable and non-extendable; or
5. For a period of 90 days for Dh1,120 and a guarantee of Dh2,000 refundable at the expiry of visa and exit from country. Also, this visa is non-renewable and non-extendable.
Finally, if the visa holder, whether for 30 or 90 days, exits the country, he may obtain a new visit visa 30 days after the date of departure.
Questions answered by Advocate Mohammad Ebrahim Al Shaiba of Al Bahar Advocates and Legal Consultants.