Man who set fire to mosque 'not linked to rebel group'
A man accused of setting fire to a mosque and wounding more than 30 people in the province of Amran, north of Yemen last Friday, had nothing to do with Al Houthi rebels, reliable sources said Monday.
Sanaa: A man accused of setting fire to a mosque and wounding more than 30 people in the province of Amran, north of Yemen last Friday, had nothing to do with Al Houthi rebels, reliable sources said Monday.
"The man has been suffering from some psychological problems and had some family disputes," a local source from Amran where the incident occurred, told Gulf News.
"The father of the perpetrator and his brother ... were among the worshippers inside the mosque," the source added.
The incident had nothing to do with the battles in Sa'ada between the rebels and the government troops, and had nothing to do with Shiites and Sunnis as some media reported, said the source, who is close to the family of the perpetrator.
The perpetrator was identified as Hamid Al Shoumi after he had been arrested one day after the incident. Al Shoumi along with another man poured fuel over worshippers during the Friday sermons at the mosque of Al Amriah in Soda district.
They set a fire, locked the doors and ran away. About 33 worshippers were injured.
Some are in critical condition.
Security authorities arrested three men, including the main suspect Al Shoumi. Investigations are ongoing.














































