- We salute them and share the families’ pride1 hr ago
- Emirati identity and spirit surmount all odds3 hrs ago
- Rosberg vows to give everything in title bid3 hrs ago
- Rate cut, more stimulus in store at ECB meeting3 hrs ago
- Investors to face ECB, Opec test3 hrs ago
- Khalil surprised at being named Asia’s best3 hrs ago
- Schlumberger moves into Trade Centre District3 hrs ago
- India’s SpiceJet eyes Dubai hub4 hrs ago
- Ocon secures GP3 title with final race podium4 hrs ago
- Expats pay tribute to UAE on Commemoration Day4 hrs ago
Multiple markets at Safa Park
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 16:20 January 22, 2013
- The Cultural Night Market attracted 6,000 people last year.
If you’re a proactive type who’s already exhausted their DSF opportunities and are wondering what to do next, fear not!
The Cultural Night Market is back in Dubai for it’s second year with plenty to see and do.
The event will feature performances including a folkloric act by Argentinian group Mapu and a Capoeira show straight from Brazil. There will be plenty of local fare too, with Dubai-based hip-hop band Desert Heat performing, as well as poetry, piano and comedy performances from young Dubai-ites.
If you’re in a shopping mood, the arts and crafts market has you covered with everything from jewelry and paintings to vintage clothes and beauty products, mimicking European markets, according to Lorena Serrano, one of the event’s organizers. And many of the products are handmade too, so you’ll be sure to get something unique.
The market, which runs from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on January 25 and 26 at Safa Park, has a Dh15 cover charge for anyone over 10 years old.