- Managing compromise in the Middle East24 minutes ago
- Mirza living the dream in Abu Dhabi Tour40 minutes ago
- City yet to get back into winning ways52 minutes ago
- Unclaimed land, cheques a hurdle in Singur1 hr ago
- Key dates in history of Calais ‘Jungle’1 hr ago
- DRS nightmare for umpires1 hr ago
- Excess CO2 can make fish swim towards predators1 hr ago
- Pakistan set to choke Windies to submission1 hr ago
- Edgy Kerber sweats to get past Cibulkova1 hr ago
- India bounce back to beat Pakistan 3-21 hr ago
Multiple markets at Safa Park
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 16:20 January 22, 2013
- The Cultural Night Market attracted 6,000 people last year.
If you’re a proactive type who’s already exhausted their DSF opportunities and are wondering what to do next, fear not!
The Cultural Night Market is back in Dubai for it’s second year with plenty to see and do.
The event will feature performances including a folkloric act by Argentinian group Mapu and a Capoeira show straight from Brazil. There will be plenty of local fare too, with Dubai-based hip-hop band Desert Heat performing, as well as poetry, piano and comedy performances from young Dubai-ites.
If you’re in a shopping mood, the arts and crafts market has you covered with everything from jewelry and paintings to vintage clothes and beauty products, mimicking European markets, according to Lorena Serrano, one of the event’s organizers. And many of the products are handmade too, so you’ll be sure to get something unique.
The market, which runs from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on January 25 and 26 at Safa Park, has a Dh15 cover charge for anyone over 10 years old.