- Uber to invest $1b on India expansion5 minutes ago
- Riyadh asks US judge to drop it from 9/11 case10 minutes ago
- Teen accused of suffocating newborn son14 minutes ago
- Online payment more promising in the Gulf15 minutes ago
- UN, Riyadh still discussing terms of Yemen aid15 minutes ago
- Daesh is no weaker than a year ago21 minutes ago
- Zimbabwe: US lion killer’s extradition sought44 minutes ago
- Philippines: Mar Roxas vows to fight corruption47 minutes ago
- Australia recall Palu, Giteau for decider52 minutes ago
- Austrian pole-vaulter breaks spine in training56 minutes ago
Multiple markets at Safa Park
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 16:20 January 22, 2013
- The Cultural Night Market attracted 6,000 people last year.
If you’re a proactive type who’s already exhausted their DSF opportunities and are wondering what to do next, fear not!
The Cultural Night Market is back in Dubai for it’s second year with plenty to see and do.
The event will feature performances including a folkloric act by Argentinian group Mapu and a Capoeira show straight from Brazil. There will be plenty of local fare too, with Dubai-based hip-hop band Desert Heat performing, as well as poetry, piano and comedy performances from young Dubai-ites.
If you’re in a shopping mood, the arts and crafts market has you covered with everything from jewelry and paintings to vintage clothes and beauty products, mimicking European markets, according to Lorena Serrano, one of the event’s organizers. And many of the products are handmade too, so you’ll be sure to get something unique.
The market, which runs from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on January 25 and 26 at Safa Park, has a Dh15 cover charge for anyone over 10 years old.