- Arabtec new chair could calm investor concerns 4 minutes ago
- Expat faces deportation over Facebook insults 9 minutes ago
- Reckless driver caught by police 10 minutes ago
- Transport strike hits life in Telangana 10 minutes ago
- 130 new publishers as book fair kicks off 11 minutes ago
- Dubai index stages smart recovery in late trade 12 minutes ago
- Exam cheating: Kerala IG faces suspension 12 minutes ago
- Sharjah Museums unveils new online features 14 minutes ago
- Trials of electric bus begin 17 minutes ago
- Kerala to fund schools for mentally-challenged 17 minutes ago
Multiple markets at Safa Park
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 16:20 January 22, 2013
- The Cultural Night Market attracted 6,000 people last year.
If you’re a proactive type who’s already exhausted their DSF opportunities and are wondering what to do next, fear not!
The Cultural Night Market is back in Dubai for it’s second year with plenty to see and do.
The event will feature performances including a folkloric act by Argentinian group Mapu and a Capoeira show straight from Brazil. There will be plenty of local fare too, with Dubai-based hip-hop band Desert Heat performing, as well as poetry, piano and comedy performances from young Dubai-ites.
If you’re in a shopping mood, the arts and crafts market has you covered with everything from jewelry and paintings to vintage clothes and beauty products, mimicking European markets, according to Lorena Serrano, one of the event’s organizers. And many of the products are handmade too, so you’ll be sure to get something unique.
The market, which runs from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on January 25 and 26 at Safa Park, has a Dh15 cover charge for anyone over 10 years old.