- Financial fitness for UAE expats – part 243 minutes ago
- In pictures: Gazans take up rollerblading1 hr ago
- Caribbean culture on display in London2 hrs ago
- Turkey opens bridge between continents3 hrs ago
- Parineeti is not working with Mahesh Babu42 minutes ago
- Lara Dutta wants no cookie cutter beauty queens42 minutes ago
- Don’t avoid mental check-ups, says Ileana D’Cruz47 minutes ago
- Sidharth teaches students ‘Kala Chashma’ dance47 minutes ago
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition57 minutes ago
- Abhay Deol wants to get out of ‘indie’ box57 minutes ago
Multiple markets at Safa Park
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 16:20 January 22, 2013
- The Cultural Night Market attracted 6,000 people last year.
If you’re a proactive type who’s already exhausted their DSF opportunities and are wondering what to do next, fear not!
The Cultural Night Market is back in Dubai for it’s second year with plenty to see and do.
The event will feature performances including a folkloric act by Argentinian group Mapu and a Capoeira show straight from Brazil. There will be plenty of local fare too, with Dubai-based hip-hop band Desert Heat performing, as well as poetry, piano and comedy performances from young Dubai-ites.
If you’re in a shopping mood, the arts and crafts market has you covered with everything from jewelry and paintings to vintage clothes and beauty products, mimicking European markets, according to Lorena Serrano, one of the event’s organizers. And many of the products are handmade too, so you’ll be sure to get something unique.
The market, which runs from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on January 25 and 26 at Safa Park, has a Dh15 cover charge for anyone over 10 years old.