- Fallujah: Iraq’s ‘monster under the bed’ 1 hr ago
- Pictures: Pope showers love on child migrants 1 hr ago
- Kuwait, Iran in prisoner exchange 1 hr ago
- Emirates Airline links with Expo 2020 Dubai 1 hr ago
- US on frontline of new Kurdish assault in Iraq 1 hr ago
- Khorafi's Al Khair ends talks to sell Americana 1 hr ago
- Heinz Beck makes his Fagottelli Carbonara 1 hr ago
- Bride refused entry to Grand Mosque 2 hrs ago
- Longest rail tunnel sees light at the end 2 hrs ago
- New Chinese theme park to take on Disney 2 hrs ago
Multiple markets at Safa Park
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 16:20 January 22, 2013
- The Cultural Night Market attracted 6,000 people last year.
If you’re a proactive type who’s already exhausted their DSF opportunities and are wondering what to do next, fear not!
The Cultural Night Market is back in Dubai for it’s second year with plenty to see and do.
The event will feature performances including a folkloric act by Argentinian group Mapu and a Capoeira show straight from Brazil. There will be plenty of local fare too, with Dubai-based hip-hop band Desert Heat performing, as well as poetry, piano and comedy performances from young Dubai-ites.
If you’re in a shopping mood, the arts and crafts market has you covered with everything from jewelry and paintings to vintage clothes and beauty products, mimicking European markets, according to Lorena Serrano, one of the event’s organizers. And many of the products are handmade too, so you’ll be sure to get something unique.
The market, which runs from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on January 25 and 26 at Safa Park, has a Dh15 cover charge for anyone over 10 years old.