- 1,000 illegal workers arrested at Muscat airport 3 minutes ago
- DFM to implement enhancements from June 4 18 minutes ago
- Grade 9 pupils’ parents worried 30 minutes ago
- Chief fire officer succumbs to burn injuries 36 minutes ago
- Mohammad attends Staff College graduation 38 minutes ago
- Artists to help Syrian refugee children 40 minutes ago
- Abu Dhabi tees up to become golf destination 41 minutes ago
- Officials eye auction to benefit duped investors 43 minutes ago
- System to measure air quality across UAE 46 minutes ago
- UN Yemen peace talks postponed indefinitely 46 minutes ago
Multiple markets at Safa Park
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 16:20 January 22, 2013
- The Cultural Night Market attracted 6,000 people last year.
If you’re a proactive type who’s already exhausted their DSF opportunities and are wondering what to do next, fear not!
The Cultural Night Market is back in Dubai for it’s second year with plenty to see and do.
The event will feature performances including a folkloric act by Argentinian group Mapu and a Capoeira show straight from Brazil. There will be plenty of local fare too, with Dubai-based hip-hop band Desert Heat performing, as well as poetry, piano and comedy performances from young Dubai-ites.
If you’re in a shopping mood, the arts and crafts market has you covered with everything from jewelry and paintings to vintage clothes and beauty products, mimicking European markets, according to Lorena Serrano, one of the event’s organizers. And many of the products are handmade too, so you’ll be sure to get something unique.
The market, which runs from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on January 25 and 26 at Safa Park, has a Dh15 cover charge for anyone over 10 years old.