- Al Qaida commander killed in Mali: army9 hrs ago
- UK recalls 2005 bombings under shadow of Tunisia9 hrs ago
- Grandpa leaps to save girl from train9 hrs ago
- We will play hard but fair, Clarke says10 hrs ago
- Proteas’ spin duo choke Bangladesh in second T2010 hrs ago
- Cook hopes Johnson cannot match his 2013 form10 hrs ago
- Djokovic weathers Anderson blitz11 hrs ago
- Sepak takraw appeals for Emirati players 11 hrs ago
- Hunting in packs for top prize11 hrs ago
- Vyapam scam a silly issue, Gowda says11 hrs ago
Multiple markets at Safa Park
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 16:20 January 22, 2013
- The Cultural Night Market attracted 6,000 people last year.
If you’re a proactive type who’s already exhausted their DSF opportunities and are wondering what to do next, fear not!
The Cultural Night Market is back in Dubai for it’s second year with plenty to see and do.
The event will feature performances including a folkloric act by Argentinian group Mapu and a Capoeira show straight from Brazil. There will be plenty of local fare too, with Dubai-based hip-hop band Desert Heat performing, as well as poetry, piano and comedy performances from young Dubai-ites.
If you’re in a shopping mood, the arts and crafts market has you covered with everything from jewelry and paintings to vintage clothes and beauty products, mimicking European markets, according to Lorena Serrano, one of the event’s organizers. And many of the products are handmade too, so you’ll be sure to get something unique.
The market, which runs from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on January 25 and 26 at Safa Park, has a Dh15 cover charge for anyone over 10 years old.