- Philippine troops, rebels clash in Maguindanao33 minutes ago
- Tunisian army kills two terrorists42 minutes ago
- Egypt hosting Libya talks to end deadlock43 minutes ago
- Telangana police bust entrance exam racket43 minutes ago
- Mayor offers bounty for road rage killer47 minutes ago
- Driver jailed for rape bid foiled by karate girl50 minutes ago
- Unprecedented home demolitions in West Bank55 minutes ago
- Sharjah campaign gifts summer jackets to workers59 minutes ago
- Driver admits to burgling supermarket1 hr ago
- University turns down student for eating beef1 hr ago
Multiple markets at Safa Park
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 16:20 January 22, 2013
- The Cultural Night Market attracted 6,000 people last year.
If you’re a proactive type who’s already exhausted their DSF opportunities and are wondering what to do next, fear not!
The Cultural Night Market is back in Dubai for it’s second year with plenty to see and do.
The event will feature performances including a folkloric act by Argentinian group Mapu and a Capoeira show straight from Brazil. There will be plenty of local fare too, with Dubai-based hip-hop band Desert Heat performing, as well as poetry, piano and comedy performances from young Dubai-ites.
If you’re in a shopping mood, the arts and crafts market has you covered with everything from jewelry and paintings to vintage clothes and beauty products, mimicking European markets, according to Lorena Serrano, one of the event’s organizers. And many of the products are handmade too, so you’ll be sure to get something unique.
The market, which runs from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. on January 25 and 26 at Safa Park, has a Dh15 cover charge for anyone over 10 years old.