- Al Rawabi invests Dh25m in cold-storage facility14 minutes ago
- Haddin ignites Ashes fire15 minutes ago
- Boeing says it supports open skies policy17 minutes ago
- Adventure park at DSW to focus on kids21 minutes ago
- Kuwait MPs pass $23.2b deficit budget22 minutes ago
- Greece offers conditional okay to bailout24 minutes ago
- ‘Duanvenport’ in news after ousting Bouchard25 minutes ago
- UK tour excites ICC Academy boys25 minutes ago
- Ipic profits hit as oil prices slide28 minutes ago
- Eurozone factor growth stutters29 minutes ago
Master Chief came to Dubai
- Posted by By Andy Staples, Editor – Universal Copy Desk
- Published 16:13 November 9, 2012
Hours of waiting in line, following months of anticipation, and 16-year-old Abdullah Younis got his hands on the first copy of Halo 4 sold in the Middle East.
Younis, an Iraqi national who studies at Repton School in Dubai, said he’d played every Halo game since the first one.
He was at the head of a queue of 200 game fans who turned up to the midnight launch of Halo 4 at Geekay Games in Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates on Monday night.
As well as a slice of Halo 4 cake, fans could try out the new game on a specially installed console – and play older games in the series.
And they could pose for photos with the game’s main character, the iconic Master Chief.