- Irish property recovery loses momentum2 minutes ago
- Russia names US foundation as ‘undesirable’4 minutes ago
- Remains of 4 early US colonial leaders found7 minutes ago
- Metro Manila to hold mass earthquake drill10 minutes ago
- Treasure-hunting family finds $1 million gold17 minutes ago
- Bangladesh upholds politician’s death sentence17 minutes ago
- Egypt defends Syria’s territorial unity30 minutes ago
- Dubai trumps London as top city for jobseekers35 minutes ago
- Israeli strike kills 5 pro-Syrian militants41 minutes ago
- IOC chief: Boston failed to deliver on promises45 minutes ago
Master Chief came to Dubai
- Posted by By Andy Staples, Editor – Universal Copy Desk
- Published 16:13 November 9, 2012
Hours of waiting in line, following months of anticipation, and 16-year-old Abdullah Younis got his hands on the first copy of Halo 4 sold in the Middle East.
Younis, an Iraqi national who studies at Repton School in Dubai, said he’d played every Halo game since the first one.
He was at the head of a queue of 200 game fans who turned up to the midnight launch of Halo 4 at Geekay Games in Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates on Monday night.
As well as a slice of Halo 4 cake, fans could try out the new game on a specially installed console – and play older games in the series.
And they could pose for photos with the game’s main character, the iconic Master Chief.