- Massive protests hit Brazil’s streets26 minutes ago
- Alleged drug lord shot dead in Philippines57 minutes ago
- Philippines may reopen Marcos-era nuclear plant59 minutes ago
- Three hurt in suicide blast at Chinese embassy1 hr ago
- FC Dubai offer freestyle football tips1 hr ago
- EU to hand Apple mega Irish tax bill1 hr ago
- US ‘task force’ turn out en masse in New York1 hr ago
- Man dies after stabbing at Australian hostel1 hr ago
- Djokovic, Nadal missing Federer at US Open1 hr ago
- 500 cows rustled from New Zealand farm1 hr ago
Master Chief came to Dubai
- Posted by By Andy Staples, Editor – Universal Copy Desk
- Published 16:13 November 9, 2012
Hours of waiting in line, following months of anticipation, and 16-year-old Abdullah Younis got his hands on the first copy of Halo 4 sold in the Middle East.
Younis, an Iraqi national who studies at Repton School in Dubai, said he’d played every Halo game since the first one.
He was at the head of a queue of 200 game fans who turned up to the midnight launch of Halo 4 at Geekay Games in Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates on Monday night.
As well as a slice of Halo 4 cake, fans could try out the new game on a specially installed console – and play older games in the series.
And they could pose for photos with the game’s main character, the iconic Master Chief.