- Dead baby found in Sharjah landfill7 hrs ago
- Blast hits Istanbul metro, bomb suspected8 hrs ago
- Kidnapped Saudi girl freed9 hrs ago
- UAE playing a historic role in Yemen9 hrs ago
- Watchmakers catch the eye of Chinese travellers3 minutes ago
- Heavy rains batter Tamil Nadu10 hrs ago
- Missing the human element in economic theories47 minutes ago
- UAE Mars Mission a source of inspiration10 hrs ago
- UAE leads in women empowerment10 hrs ago
- The Bric concept is still fundamentally sound1 hr ago
Master Chief came to Dubai
- Posted by By Andy Staples, Editor – Universal Copy Desk
- Published 16:13 November 9, 2012
Hours of waiting in line, following months of anticipation, and 16-year-old Abdullah Younis got his hands on the first copy of Halo 4 sold in the Middle East.
Younis, an Iraqi national who studies at Repton School in Dubai, said he’d played every Halo game since the first one.
He was at the head of a queue of 200 game fans who turned up to the midnight launch of Halo 4 at Geekay Games in Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates on Monday night.
As well as a slice of Halo 4 cake, fans could try out the new game on a specially installed console – and play older games in the series.
And they could pose for photos with the game’s main character, the iconic Master Chief.