- India make four changes for HWL semi-final 2 minutes ago
- War leaves 16m Yemenis without clean water 18 minutes ago
- 13 Kenyan policemen missing after attack 27 minutes ago
- Australia to strip citizenship for terror links 31 minutes ago
- Operation to drive Daesh from Al Anbar launched 32 minutes ago
- Bears sack defensive end MacDonald after arrest 36 minutes ago
- Safe at home in the UAE 38 minutes ago
- The big screen continues to rule in the UAE 46 minutes ago
- Serving up more than just popcorn 50 minutes ago
- Bride elopes with another man on wedding day 55 minutes ago
Master Chief came to Dubai
- Posted by By Andy Staples, Editor – Universal Copy Desk
- Published 16:13 November 9, 2012
Hours of waiting in line, following months of anticipation, and 16-year-old Abdullah Younis got his hands on the first copy of Halo 4 sold in the Middle East.
Younis, an Iraqi national who studies at Repton School in Dubai, said he’d played every Halo game since the first one.
He was at the head of a queue of 200 game fans who turned up to the midnight launch of Halo 4 at Geekay Games in Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates on Monday night.
As well as a slice of Halo 4 cake, fans could try out the new game on a specially installed console – and play older games in the series.
And they could pose for photos with the game’s main character, the iconic Master Chief.