- China holds massive military parade29 minutes ago
- Biggest gas fields in the world1 hr ago
- Effects of a blockade and three Israeli wars2 hrs ago
- US Open: Stuttering Serena makes it through3 hrs ago
- Venice Film Festival 2015 opens with ‘Everest’8 minutes ago
- Twitter is Hollywood’s new negotiating tool16 minutes ago
- Nights in white satin16 minutes ago
- Beachy chic41 minutes ago
- J.J. Abrams: Keeping ‘Star Wars’ grounded1 hr ago
- Review: ‘Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz’ is boring1 hr ago
Master Chief came to Dubai
- Posted by By Andy Staples, Editor – Universal Copy Desk
- Published 16:13 November 9, 2012
Hours of waiting in line, following months of anticipation, and 16-year-old Abdullah Younis got his hands on the first copy of Halo 4 sold in the Middle East.
Younis, an Iraqi national who studies at Repton School in Dubai, said he’d played every Halo game since the first one.
He was at the head of a queue of 200 game fans who turned up to the midnight launch of Halo 4 at Geekay Games in Dubai’s Mall of the Emirates on Monday night.
As well as a slice of Halo 4 cake, fans could try out the new game on a specially installed console – and play older games in the series.
And they could pose for photos with the game’s main character, the iconic Master Chief.