- Pilot jailed over botched landing incident4 minutes ago
- 21 militants killed in latest crackdown8 minutes ago
- Hussain seeks pool of skilled workers11 minutes ago
- Tunisia bus bomber arrested, freed before attack19 minutes ago
- Heritage gets a modern touch58 minutes ago
- Getting ready for National Day celebrations 1 hr ago
- Suffering a heart attack? Call 9991 hr ago
- Over 100 women riders for endurance race1 hr ago
- Brundle, Herbert want standardised aerodynamics1 hr ago
- Muarrab blazes to victory at festive Jebel Ali1 hr ago
Love (and theater) for all
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 15:26 January 28, 2013
- Actors Stefanie Powers and David Soul, stars of "Love Letters"
In the mood for romance? Madinat Theater has just the thing.
Art for All and DSF are presenting the Pulitzer Prize-nominated play “Love Letters” starring Stefanie Powers and David Soul. The play, which comes to us from magical Ireland, follows two people who maintain a relationship through letters – starting as youngsters and continuing into their adulthood.
Powers and Soul read the letters on stage, but don’t worry, it won’t just be two people sitting in chairs reading to you. Rania Ashur, founder of Art for All, assures me that there is acting, and it will certainly take some skill for the actors to portray people over such a wide range of ages.
The play runs from January 31 to February 2, with tickets starting at 200 and going up to 300 for VIPs.