- South Sudan army ‘raped then burnt girls alive’12 minutes ago
- Gold Coast set for XCAT World Series debut14 minutes ago
- Gervinho’s obscene demands sink Al Jazira hopes15 minutes ago
- I-League champions struggle to make ends meet18 minutes ago
- California legislature passes vaccination bill 18 minutes ago
- ‘There is no humanitarian crisis in Gaza’ 19 minutes ago
- Bali steals the thunder with late winner22 minutes ago
- Obama, Rousseff to meet at the White House 22 minutes ago
- ‘Angry Tom’ reins in his temper 25 minutes ago
- Football: Arsenal and Al Fohood top groups28 minutes ago
Love (and theater) for all
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 15:26 January 28, 2013
- Actors Stefanie Powers and David Soul, stars of "Love Letters"
In the mood for romance? Madinat Theater has just the thing.
Art for All and DSF are presenting the Pulitzer Prize-nominated play “Love Letters” starring Stefanie Powers and David Soul. The play, which comes to us from magical Ireland, follows two people who maintain a relationship through letters – starting as youngsters and continuing into their adulthood.
Powers and Soul read the letters on stage, but don’t worry, it won’t just be two people sitting in chairs reading to you. Rania Ashur, founder of Art for All, assures me that there is acting, and it will certainly take some skill for the actors to portray people over such a wide range of ages.
The play runs from January 31 to February 2, with tickets starting at 200 and going up to 300 for VIPs.