- Rahane’s knock helps Supergiants to victory5 hrs ago
- Air strikes on refugee camp kill dozens6 hrs ago
- Brazil top court suspends lower house speaker6 hrs ago
- Getting India map wrong could invite jail term6 hrs ago
- Arabic Language Award winners honoured6 hrs ago
- New setback in Pakistan’s search for head coach7 hrs ago
- England skipper Cook extends Essex contract7 hrs ago
- Ali urges Pakistan to improve after ODI slump7 hrs ago
- Beijing’s glass cliff hangout opens8 hrs ago
- All eyes on Yuvraj as Sunrisers take on Lions8 hrs ago
Love (and theater) for all
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 15:26 January 28, 2013
- Actors Stefanie Powers and David Soul, stars of "Love Letters"
In the mood for romance? Madinat Theater has just the thing.
Art for All and DSF are presenting the Pulitzer Prize-nominated play “Love Letters” starring Stefanie Powers and David Soul. The play, which comes to us from magical Ireland, follows two people who maintain a relationship through letters – starting as youngsters and continuing into their adulthood.
Powers and Soul read the letters on stage, but don’t worry, it won’t just be two people sitting in chairs reading to you. Rania Ashur, founder of Art for All, assures me that there is acting, and it will certainly take some skill for the actors to portray people over such a wide range of ages.
The play runs from January 31 to February 2, with tickets starting at 200 and going up to 300 for VIPs.