- Huawei’s 2014 net profit up 32% 13 minutes ago
- Wealth funds exerting an ever greater influence 14 minutes ago
- Philips sells 80% of lighting components unit 20 minutes ago
- The perfect offspring 22 minutes ago
- Saudi FM condemns Iranian ‘support’ for rebels 25 minutes ago
- Doctor accused of abusing woman 33 minutes ago
- Queen’s staff threaten industrial action 34 minutes ago
- Iraq forces retake government HQ in Tikrit 48 minutes ago
- Australia orders two on flight decks 51 minutes ago
- Despondent Gazans return to destroyed homes 1 hr ago
Love (and theater) for all
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 15:26 January 28, 2013
- Actors Stefanie Powers and David Soul, stars of "Love Letters"
In the mood for romance? Madinat Theater has just the thing.
Art for All and DSF are presenting the Pulitzer Prize-nominated play “Love Letters” starring Stefanie Powers and David Soul. The play, which comes to us from magical Ireland, follows two people who maintain a relationship through letters – starting as youngsters and continuing into their adulthood.
Powers and Soul read the letters on stage, but don’t worry, it won’t just be two people sitting in chairs reading to you. Rania Ashur, founder of Art for All, assures me that there is acting, and it will certainly take some skill for the actors to portray people over such a wide range of ages.
The play runs from January 31 to February 2, with tickets starting at 200 and going up to 300 for VIPs.