- UAE’s diversity and harmony hold many lessons 5 hrs away
- Creating a discipline in minds of people 5 hrs away
- Live: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid 4 minutes ago
- Dubai government scores 89% on happiness index 2 hrs ago
- Squash perfect fit for the modern era: Al Turki 4 hrs ago
- Zero percentage pass in 73 government schools 5 hrs ago
- League chief denounces Israel at peace talks 5 hrs ago
- Svitolina breaks duck against fancied Ivanovic 5 hrs ago
- Obama strengthens call for nuclear disarmament 5 hrs ago
- Horoscope: May 29, 2016 1 hr ago
Love (and theater) for all
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 15:26 January 28, 2013
- Actors Stefanie Powers and David Soul, stars of "Love Letters"
In the mood for romance? Madinat Theater has just the thing.
Art for All and DSF are presenting the Pulitzer Prize-nominated play “Love Letters” starring Stefanie Powers and David Soul. The play, which comes to us from magical Ireland, follows two people who maintain a relationship through letters – starting as youngsters and continuing into their adulthood.
Powers and Soul read the letters on stage, but don’t worry, it won’t just be two people sitting in chairs reading to you. Rania Ashur, founder of Art for All, assures me that there is acting, and it will certainly take some skill for the actors to portray people over such a wide range of ages.
The play runs from January 31 to February 2, with tickets starting at 200 and going up to 300 for VIPs.