- Sjostrom and Hosszu set world marks1 hr ago
- Accord with Naga insurgent signed3 hrs ago
- Register for Dubai film festival online3 hrs ago
- Swingers’ club suspects risk huge jail terms4 hrs ago
- D’Souza misses out on 200 freestyle semi-finals4 hrs ago
- Growth concerns rattle Chinese stocks, oil4 hrs ago
- Oman lawmakers seek steps to curb fuel smuggling4 hrs ago
- China add to domination of diving events4 hrs ago
- Oman boosts oil production to record high4 hrs ago
- Red Crescent provides Dh81m aid4 hrs ago
Love (and theater) for all
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 15:26 January 28, 2013
- Actors Stefanie Powers and David Soul, stars of "Love Letters"
In the mood for romance? Madinat Theater has just the thing.
Art for All and DSF are presenting the Pulitzer Prize-nominated play “Love Letters” starring Stefanie Powers and David Soul. The play, which comes to us from magical Ireland, follows two people who maintain a relationship through letters – starting as youngsters and continuing into their adulthood.
Powers and Soul read the letters on stage, but don’t worry, it won’t just be two people sitting in chairs reading to you. Rania Ashur, founder of Art for All, assures me that there is acting, and it will certainly take some skill for the actors to portray people over such a wide range of ages.
The play runs from January 31 to February 2, with tickets starting at 200 and going up to 300 for VIPs.