- Presidency not spared from mafia politics1 hr ago
- 5 ways to.... beat the Dubai heat with Ayurveda2 hrs ago
- A day in life of sheltered women and children44 minutes ago
- Sushma comes to the aid of Indian workers 9 hrs ago
- Low yields and high equities cannot last forever9 hrs ago
- Foundation provides full support44 minutes ago
- Four weeks in office: Duterte report card10 hrs ago
- Bin surour and Doyle just off the mark10 hrs ago
- Watch children’s online activity during vacation10 hrs ago
- There’s been a murder in the garden11 hrs ago
Love (and theater) for all
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 15:26 January 28, 2013
- Actors Stefanie Powers and David Soul, stars of "Love Letters"
In the mood for romance? Madinat Theater has just the thing.
Art for All and DSF are presenting the Pulitzer Prize-nominated play “Love Letters” starring Stefanie Powers and David Soul. The play, which comes to us from magical Ireland, follows two people who maintain a relationship through letters – starting as youngsters and continuing into their adulthood.
Powers and Soul read the letters on stage, but don’t worry, it won’t just be two people sitting in chairs reading to you. Rania Ashur, founder of Art for All, assures me that there is acting, and it will certainly take some skill for the actors to portray people over such a wide range of ages.
The play runs from January 31 to February 2, with tickets starting at 200 and going up to 300 for VIPs.