1. At the supermarket, the till receipt roll runs out just when it’s my turn to pay.
2. The battery dies on my mobile, just when I am going to be live on the radio with the correct answer to a phone-in competition.
3. My cooker’s gas cylinder runs out when I am in the middle of cooking lunch for guests.
4. I always receive ‘best deal of the day’ texts on my mobile at the end of the day when I’m about to go to sleep.
5. Free samples of yummy cookies and ice cream in supermarkets finish as soon as I reach the counter.
6. My neighbour and I buy identical plants at the same nursery at the same time. Hers blooms, while mine withers and dies.
7. The air conditioning in my home breaks in the peak of summer. When the engineer arrives hours later to fix it, it works as soon as he switches it on.
8. My favourite shop has a clearance sale the weekend I’m out of town.
9. My raffle coupon is just one number short of the mega winner’s coupon.
10. Finally, my scratch-and-win coupon always tells me, ‘Sorry, try again’.
What’s your Take 10?
Email us at email@example.com