La Mer Miraculous Beginnings
The perfect in-flight moisture kit (all bottles are regulation 100ml size or less) courtesy the luxury skincare brand includes a full size jar of Crème de la Mer (30ml), The Regenerating Serum (9ml), The Cleansing Lotion (100ml), The Tonic (100ml) and The Eye Concentrate (5ml).Dh1,635 at Harvey Nichols, Bloomingdale's and Paris Gallery stores at Deira City Centre, Festival City, Burjuman and Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi.
Don't neglect your hands on long flights — keep them germ-free and nourised with this dinky kit, available in three scents: fragrances — Tuberose and Jasmine, Fig and Pink Cedar and Cherry Blossom. It features Luscious Lip Balm and Hand Sanitizer with the anti-bacterial properties of Lemongrass, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree and Lemon Peel help protect and cleanse. Dh55, at Beautybay.
The super-hip New York beauty brand has some ace summer products — we love the Açaí Damage-Protecting Toning Mist (Dh160) for cooling down and protecting skin, and the Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+ (Dh160), with its oil-free, ultra-lightweight texture that you can layer over your moisturiser each day.
Bonus: Get a free travel pouch with any Kiehl's purchase, while stocks last. At Bloomingdale's and Harvey Nichols.
Temperley London-Elemis women's and men's Safari Travellers
The nec-plus-ultra of travel sets has been created by one of our favourite Brit designers, Alice Temperley, in collaboration with UK spa brand Elemis. The faux-leather bag features Temperley's signature studs, a pearlescent interior and double sided golden zips and contains mini versions of Elemis' top products — the Pro-Collagen Marine Cream, Pro-Radiance Cream Cleanser, Soothing Apricot Toner, Exotic Cream Moisturising Mask, Skin Nourishing Shower Cream, Papaya Enzyme Peel and Exotic Frangipani Monoi Moisture Melt. The boys aren't forgotten, either: their charcoal grey bag includes a moisturiser, shave gel, scrub, facial wash and shower gel. Best of all, the collaboration aims to raise money and awareness for the Mothers4Children charity, which supports children charities around the world. Dh625 each (men's Safari Traveller, Dh370), exclusively at Temperley London, The Dubai Mall throughout the month of July (there's a waiting list). Available at Debenhams, Mirdif City Centre and Va Va Voom, Arabian Centre from August.
Estee Lauder The Makeup Traveler
Travelling last minute? Grab one of these all-in-one sets which has mascara, blush, eyeshadow, lipstick and brushes. Dh229, exclusive to Dubai and Abu Dhabi airports.
Packing a mixed bag? Here are some of our summer beauty savers that will still leave you with room for that souvenir sombrero
1. Babyliss mini straighteners, Dh99 and ST 18 pro steam straighteners, Dh159, at Plugins and Sharaf DG stores.
2. Benefit Finding Mr Bright: Make sure you glow wherever you go with this little set of skin enhancers — from the pink liquid blush, PosyTint (a creamier version of BeneTint) and flaw-smoothing Erase Paste to highlighters High Beam and Girl Meets Pearl. Dh176, at Benefit counters.
3. Valera Action Travel hairdryer, from Dh129, at Sharaf DG, Geant, Plugins and Jacky's stores.
4. Fekkai Zero-Humidity Frizz Control: Didn't get your keratin treatment done in time? Try this spray, which seals the cuticle for sleek, frizz-free hair, without weighting it down. Dh89 at Sephora stores.
5. Cargo JetLag: Knock out dark and puffy eyes in one fell swoop with Cargo's handy JetLag stick, which teams a de-puffer with a full-coverage concealer. Dh131 at Sephora stores.
6. Snowberry travel range: Cool New Zealand skincare brand Snowberry has just landed on our shores in these dinky travel-sized versions (the full sizes are available, too). It's active anti-ageing that's free from petrochemicals, sulphates, artificial colouring, parabens, silicones and glycols. Try the Nourishing Lite Day Cream (Dh145) and the Intensive Renewal Face Serum (Dh330). The travel range also includes a cleanser, toner and exfoliator.
7. Korres Cooling Gel: Been silly in the sun? Cool down the Greek way, with this all-natural yoghurt-based skin refresher. Dh114 at Korres stores in Mirdif City Centre and Dubai Mall.
8. Melissa Beth Kiss and Make Up cases have a stain-resistant velour outer body material, wipeable inside lining, removable inside pouches and a thin detachable pouch for even the smallest pair of tweezers. Dh221, at Makeup Etc., Palm Strip Mall, Jumeirah Beach Road.
9. Cargo Gloss On The Go Voyages Gloss Collection: A five-pack of all the non-sticky (great for windy beaches) glosses you could want, in mini sizes. More choice, less space. Dh103 at Sephora stores