Rate this Recipe
- 675g potatoes
- Oil, for deep frying plus 1 tbsp
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100g beef sausage, diced
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 4 eggs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Peel potatoes and cut into 1.5cm cubes. Parboil in lightly salted water for 5 minutes then drain well.
- Heat enough oil in a large pan to deep fry potatoes until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a medium-sized frying pan and gently fry onion and garlic for three minutes. Add sausages and paprika and fry for a further minute. Remove excess oil with a spoon.
- Add tomatoes and parsley to pan and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Return potatoes to pan and stir to coat in sauce. Make four wells in mixture and drop an egg into each. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for three to 4 minutes until the white has set but the yolks are still runny. Serve immediately with crusty bread.