Rate this Recipe
For the base:
- 90g raw brown sugar
- 90g butter
- 1 egg
- 150g plain flour
- 1 litre milk
- 100g butter
- 200g white sugar
- 5cm cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 egg yolks
- 70g cornflour
- Cinnamon powder, for sprinkling
- Raspberry coulis, to serve
For the filling:
- In a bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add egg and flour, then mix well to form a dough.
- Cover and refrigerate for one day.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Roll out dough and place it in a loose-bottom 23cm tart tin.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- In a pan, heat milk, butter, white sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Bring to a boil, remove pan from heat, then sieve.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg yolks and corn flour until smooth. Add some of the hot milk mixture and whisk.
- Place remaining milk mixture back on the heat and slowly add egg mixture. Simmer, mixing well until it thickens.
- Pour hot mixture into pre-cooked tart crust. Refrigerate until it sets. Sprinkle with cinnamon powder and serve with raspberry coulis.