Rate this Recipe
- 100ml canola oil
- 4 tsp blackened seasoning
- 4 x 80g ahi or yellowfin tuna steaks
- 120ml mustard sauce
- Place oil in one shallow bowl, and blackened seasoning in another bowl.
- Place a heavy frying pan over high heat until very hot. Dip tuna steaks in oil then coat with blackening seasoning. Place in hot pan, sear for 20 seconds then turn. Sear until blackened on all sides but keep flesh rare.
- Remove tuna steaks from pan, slice into thick pieces and serve with mustard sauce.