1 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
3 pieces dried bay leaves
4 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 cups water
¼ cup cooking oil
½ tablespoon white sugar
Salt and pepper
1. Combine soy sauce and garlic in a large container and marinate chicken for up to three hours.
2. Heat oil in a pan and cook marinated chicken for about five minues.
3. Pour the remaining marinade in the pan and add water. Bring to a boil.
4. Add dried bay leaves and pepper. Simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
5. Add vinegar.
6. Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Add sugar and salt. And cook for about three more minutes before serving.