- Interchange One gets a facelift5 minutes ago
- Half of UK manufacturers worried by China: EEF7 minutes ago
- Neymar insists he won’t be going to Man United9 minutes ago
- Hong Kong banks turn to start-ups for tech edge9 minutes ago
- Fiji PM vows to jail overseas dissidents9 minutes ago
- Nutritional awareness workshop held10 minutes ago
- Nigeria arrests Boko Haram commander12 minutes ago
- Swiss rates to stay negative for some time12 minutes ago
- Seven Omanis nabbed for stealing goats13 minutes ago
- Hong Kong growth to slow, warns Finance Chief16 minutes ago
I’ll have the alligator
- Posted by Natalie Long, tabloid! Editor
- Published 12:49 March 5, 2013
- CLAW will have alligator on the menu.
We had to forcibly restrain ourselves from jumping for joy when this juicy piece of news hit our inbox this morning.
A Southern-style ribs and seafood joint is opening up at Souk Al Bahar, and yes, it sounds like it answers all of your Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives/Man Vs Food dreams.
CLAW is due to open at the end of March, and is the brainchild of Markus Thesleff, who also brought the Okku concept to Dubai. On the menu are ribs -- from an in-house smoker -- lobster, crab, shrimp and crawfish by the bucket, steaks, oysters and buffalo wings.
The place is licensed and will have an in-house band as well as a rodeo mechanical bull.
“Having lived in and travelled throughout the US I have always enjoyed the legendary Southern style cooking and hospitality and wanted to bring this concept to the UAE. The mood is fun, the vibe energetic, the food mouthwateringly delicious, and the cocktails… strong!” said Thesleff.
Oh, and let’s not forget that southern favourite, alligator, which we can confirm will be on the menu as well.
If that’s too much of a culinary challenge, how about just taking on an eating competition? According to the statement, “there will be regular rib-eating and oyster guzzling competitions bringing the claws out as people hustle for Big Eat crown”. Watch this space for news on the opening date.