- Rosberg ends season with a treble flourish 14 minutes ago
- Slain Biloxi waitress identified17 minutes ago
- Brilliant Murray seals Davis Cup for Britain19 minutes ago
- High-fat diet also bad for brain24 minutes ago
- Saluting valour and national pride26 minutes ago
- Rotana to open 14 properties before end of 201634 minutes ago
- Etihad targets Emiratis in new campaign38 minutes ago
- Musharraf trial unlikely to resume soon46 minutes ago
- Costa stews as Chelsea drop point at Spurs47 minutes ago
- GP2 final race called off after car pile-up50 minutes ago
I’ll have the alligator
- Posted by Natalie Long, tabloid! Editor
- Published 12:49 March 5, 2013
- CLAW will have alligator on the menu.
We had to forcibly restrain ourselves from jumping for joy when this juicy piece of news hit our inbox this morning.
A Southern-style ribs and seafood joint is opening up at Souk Al Bahar, and yes, it sounds like it answers all of your Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives/Man Vs Food dreams.
CLAW is due to open at the end of March, and is the brainchild of Markus Thesleff, who also brought the Okku concept to Dubai. On the menu are ribs -- from an in-house smoker -- lobster, crab, shrimp and crawfish by the bucket, steaks, oysters and buffalo wings.
The place is licensed and will have an in-house band as well as a rodeo mechanical bull.
“Having lived in and travelled throughout the US I have always enjoyed the legendary Southern style cooking and hospitality and wanted to bring this concept to the UAE. The mood is fun, the vibe energetic, the food mouthwateringly delicious, and the cocktails… strong!” said Thesleff.
Oh, and let’s not forget that southern favourite, alligator, which we can confirm will be on the menu as well.
If that’s too much of a culinary challenge, how about just taking on an eating competition? According to the statement, “there will be regular rib-eating and oyster guzzling competitions bringing the claws out as people hustle for Big Eat crown”. Watch this space for news on the opening date.