- Yemeni students studying in the US in limbo6 hrs away
- Solar Impulse 2 touches down in Hawaii1 hr ago
- Kyrgios, Gasquet enter Wimbledon last 161 hr ago
- Harris’s Ashes absence no worry for Thomson1 hr ago
- Essex’s Westley hits century against Australia1 hr ago
- Gambhir happy to buck trends in comeback bid1 hr ago
- Karunaratne’s century rescues Sri Lanka1 hr ago
- Tsipras dismisses Europe’s warnings to Greece1 hr ago
- Pakistan recall Irfan for one-dayers1 hr ago
- ‘Cook best suited to lead England in Ashes’1 hr ago
I’ll have the alligator
- Posted by Natalie Long, tabloid! Editor
- Published 12:49 March 5, 2013
- CLAW will have alligator on the menu.
We had to forcibly restrain ourselves from jumping for joy when this juicy piece of news hit our inbox this morning.
A Southern-style ribs and seafood joint is opening up at Souk Al Bahar, and yes, it sounds like it answers all of your Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives/Man Vs Food dreams.
CLAW is due to open at the end of March, and is the brainchild of Markus Thesleff, who also brought the Okku concept to Dubai. On the menu are ribs -- from an in-house smoker -- lobster, crab, shrimp and crawfish by the bucket, steaks, oysters and buffalo wings.
The place is licensed and will have an in-house band as well as a rodeo mechanical bull.
“Having lived in and travelled throughout the US I have always enjoyed the legendary Southern style cooking and hospitality and wanted to bring this concept to the UAE. The mood is fun, the vibe energetic, the food mouthwateringly delicious, and the cocktails… strong!” said Thesleff.
Oh, and let’s not forget that southern favourite, alligator, which we can confirm will be on the menu as well.
If that’s too much of a culinary challenge, how about just taking on an eating competition? According to the statement, “there will be regular rib-eating and oyster guzzling competitions bringing the claws out as people hustle for Big Eat crown”. Watch this space for news on the opening date.