- Canada-EU trade deal 'still possible': Officials2 hrs ago
- Mourinho says United must behave like men2 hrs ago
- Trump says he's winning, polls say he's not2 hrs ago
- Suge Knight: Dr Dre tried to kill me2 hrs ago
- Scores dead in Pakistan police centre raid3 hrs ago
- 44 dead in Pakistan police centre attack6 hrs ago
- Khalifa issues laws on bankruptcy, judiciary7 hrs ago
- Qadri to join PTI’s anti-government rally10 hrs ago
- President establishes Federal Tax Authority10 hrs ago
- Mohammad receives Abu Dhabi Government officials11 hrs ago
I’ll have the alligator
- Posted by Natalie Long, tabloid! Editor
- Published 12:49 March 5, 2013
- CLAW will have alligator on the menu.
We had to forcibly restrain ourselves from jumping for joy when this juicy piece of news hit our inbox this morning.
A Southern-style ribs and seafood joint is opening up at Souk Al Bahar, and yes, it sounds like it answers all of your Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives/Man Vs Food dreams.
CLAW is due to open at the end of March, and is the brainchild of Markus Thesleff, who also brought the Okku concept to Dubai. On the menu are ribs -- from an in-house smoker -- lobster, crab, shrimp and crawfish by the bucket, steaks, oysters and buffalo wings.
The place is licensed and will have an in-house band as well as a rodeo mechanical bull.
“Having lived in and travelled throughout the US I have always enjoyed the legendary Southern style cooking and hospitality and wanted to bring this concept to the UAE. The mood is fun, the vibe energetic, the food mouthwateringly delicious, and the cocktails… strong!” said Thesleff.
Oh, and let’s not forget that southern favourite, alligator, which we can confirm will be on the menu as well.
If that’s too much of a culinary challenge, how about just taking on an eating competition? According to the statement, “there will be regular rib-eating and oyster guzzling competitions bringing the claws out as people hustle for Big Eat crown”. Watch this space for news on the opening date.