- Dh1.28m aid pledged for Syrian refugees7 minutes ago
- Trump would use ‘a lot worse than waterboarding’10 minutes ago
- Clinton chases Sanders in New Hampshire13 minutes ago
- Rangers seek to track rhinos in wildlife park13 minutes ago
- Haiti leaders agree to interim government 19 minutes ago
- Bihar officials banned from wearing dhothis22 minutes ago
- Eight’s just great as Jones hails Vunipola24 minutes ago
- Philippine mayor shot in pre-election ambush28 minutes ago
- Qatar’s liquidity woes, risks to hit loan growth32 minutes ago
- Tottenham have title faith, says Pochettino44 minutes ago
Halo 4 midnight launch on November 5
- Posted by By Andy Staples. Editor – Universal Copy Desk
- Published 12:25 October 24, 2012
Grab your assault rifles and shotguns and ride your warthog down to Mall of the Emirates, where Halo 4’s getting a midnight launch at Geekay Games on Monday, November 5.
It’s been five years since the Master Chief floated off into space, and Geekay are marking his return with branded merchandise and limited edition paraphernalia, in addition to the standard Xbox game (Dh249) and the special edition (Dh375), which is exclusive to Geekay in the Middle East.
“We have been selling the Halo since it first launched in 2001 on the Xbox Gaming System. The series is very popular among the gamers and we are honoured to host the launch,” said Kishan Palija, Managing Director of Geekay Group MEA.
Since the initial game became Xbox’s killer app in 2001, Microsoft have sold more than 43 million copies of Halo games worldwide, with a total sales of games and related merchandise estimated around $3 billion (Dh11 billion).
Events will kick of at 11pm, so remember, remember the fifth of November – Covenant, USNC, the lot.
Since the worldwide release date is November 6, and the big markets in Europe, the US and Saudi Arabia are behind is in time zone, that gives you a chance to get your copy before most gamers.
And with Xbox Live now functional, you can brag about it to the poor souls watching the clock for their midnight releases.