- At least 10 Afghan police officers killed 6 minutes ago
- Mans Zelmerlow wins Eurovision Song Contest 6 minutes ago
- ‘Region pays price for gender gap’ 10 minutes ago
- One year on, still no president for Lebanon 12 minutes ago
- Taiz residents welcome Saudi-led air raids 58 minutes ago
- Saudis scorn groom over virginity test move 1 hr ago
- Are UAE expats remitting less money? 1 hr ago
- Fighting destroys Yemeni-Saudi border crossing 1 hr ago
- Saudi ID’s bomber after deadly mosque attack 1 hr ago
- Illayaraja urges police to stop music misuse 25 minutes ago
E3: Xbox One and PS4 prices revealed
- Posted by By Andy Staples, Editor – Universal Copy Desk
- Published 13:40 June 11, 2013
At last, the news everyone’s been waiting for: prices and release dates for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4.
The Xbox One will release in November 2013, for $499.00 (Dh1,835). However the European prices are somewhat higher, and those are the ones Middle East gamers will be facing. While we don’t have a UAE price yet, the UK price will be £429.99 (Dh2,455) and the European price will be 499.99 euros (Dh2,440).
Pre-orders are available via Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk, and other US- or UK-based sites, but since they won’t ship to the UAE, you’ll have to wait until local distributors start accepting pre-orders unless you have a shipping service.
Remember the Xbox One comes bundled with the new high-resolution Kinect.
The PS4, which doesn’t have accessories bundled as standard, will be $399 (Dh1,465). No word on European prices yet, nor on release date other than “holiday season”. But we do, at last, know what the box will look like.
And Sony have released pricing details of PS Plus, which will allow cloud game saves and give access to betas and the Instant Game Collection. PS Plus will cost $49.99 (Dh185) for a year, Dh17.99 for three months or $9.99 for one month.
PS Plus will also be available on the PS3 and the PS Vita, and will incorporate social media aspects with online gaming.
Watch a video preview of the Sony Playstation 4 below.