- Aramex’s new model aims for agile deliveries9 minutes ago
- Klopp backs Benteke to end barren run28 minutes ago
- Dubai realty eyes industrial and logistics space31 minutes ago
- Kompany back from injury to lead title-charge34 minutes ago
- Leicester, Arsenal engage in mind games38 minutes ago
- Popes reach out across a millennium42 minutes ago
- The Pope, the Patriarch and Putin’s politics47 minutes ago
- Money issues matter in a relationship1 hr ago
- Zika makes divers cagey ahead of Rio test event1 hr ago
- Sparkling 60 lifts Kang to share of lead1 hr ago
E3: Xbox One and PS4 prices revealed
- Posted by By Andy Staples, Editor – Universal Copy Desk
- Published 13:40 June 11, 2013
At last, the news everyone’s been waiting for: prices and release dates for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4.
The Xbox One will release in November 2013, for $499.00 (Dh1,835). However the European prices are somewhat higher, and those are the ones Middle East gamers will be facing. While we don’t have a UAE price yet, the UK price will be £429.99 (Dh2,455) and the European price will be 499.99 euros (Dh2,440).
Pre-orders are available via Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk, and other US- or UK-based sites, but since they won’t ship to the UAE, you’ll have to wait until local distributors start accepting pre-orders unless you have a shipping service.
Remember the Xbox One comes bundled with the new high-resolution Kinect.
The PS4, which doesn’t have accessories bundled as standard, will be $399 (Dh1,465). No word on European prices yet, nor on release date other than “holiday season”. But we do, at last, know what the box will look like.
And Sony have released pricing details of PS Plus, which will allow cloud game saves and give access to betas and the Instant Game Collection. PS Plus will cost $49.99 (Dh185) for a year, Dh17.99 for three months or $9.99 for one month.
PS Plus will also be available on the PS3 and the PS Vita, and will incorporate social media aspects with online gaming.
Watch a video preview of the Sony Playstation 4 below.