1. You gave away the Dh20,000 Birkin handbag you got on your birthday because it wasn’t big enough to fit in your favourite book.
2. You’d rather spend your last Dh200 on books than go for your monthly root touch-ups at the salon. Who cares if people realise you aren’t really blonde?
3. You have a well-stocked bookshelf in your bathroom.
4. You read more than two books at any given time. You keep one in the bathroom, another in your office drawer, yet another in your handbag… and one on your night stand.
5. You take a book wherever you go – malls, restaurants, Metro and live shows – because you prefer to read than engage in a dull conversation.
6. You hate Kindle because you love the smell of books.
7. You’re a dreamer and read every book Oprah recommends because you fancy yourself as the next hot talk-show host.
8. All your friendships are built around books but you’re still looking for BFF (Book Friends Forever) because you haven’t found the one who ticks all the boxes.
9. Cashiers at leading bookstores in the UAE know you by name.
10. You greet the closure of a bookshop with mixed emotions. On one hand you’re sad because it means fewer books on the market while on the other hand, you’re happy that you’ll bag all the bargains.
What’s your Take 10?
Email us at friday@ gulfnews.com