Classifieds powered by Gulf News

Can I appeal for prosecution's decision to be reviewed?

  • Published: 23:43 February 18, 2010

Housing and rent

A reader in Dubai asks: In 2008, a Dubai-based real estate agent accepted money (over Dh1.5 million) from me to purchase four villas in a Nakheel development. To this day, they have not transferred any property in my name. The money was transferred to the real estate agent’s bank account; I have receipts from the agent showing that the money was deposited. I filed a police complaint and gave my statement. The file went to the public prosecutor, who reviewed the documents and told the police that there is no case. There is clear evidence in a form of paperwork, receipts of bank transfers and I have witnesses. In my view the public prosecutor did not view the full documents or the full details were not passed on to him. Can I appeal for the file to be reviewed again? If so should I appeal to the same public prosecutor?

Yes, you can object to the prosecution’s decision in the appeal court, if you have already filed the civil claim.

Questions answered by Advocate Eisa Bin Haider of Bin Haider Advocates & Legal Consultants.