Dubai: More than 125 websites and interactive agencies have received Pan Arab Web Awards organised in association with Microsoft, MSN Middle East and North Africa (Mena) and Business Software Alliance (BSA).
The Pan Arab Web Awards has been established as a premiere platform to recognise excellence in web design, development skills and creativity in the Pan Arab Region.
"The fourth Pan Arab Web Awards competition was presented by the Web Awards Academy registered in January 2008. Web Awards Academy is dedicated to the creative, technical, and professional progress of the internet and interactive media," said Pierre Moukarzel, President of the Web Awards programme in the Arab region.
Moukarzel emphasised that it has been the Web Awards' mission to promote excellence in web development across the Arab World.
He also said that the 2008 edition has received an unprecedented number of registrants and has expanded its reach across the region.
"We had before representatives in Jordan, Leb-anon, Egypt, Oman, UAE and Qatar.
"We expanded to welcome new representatives in Bahrain, Kuwait, Yemen and Saudi Arabia," said Moukarzel.
Leading this year's honourees is dsc.etacareers.com, which received the Diamond award, while the Web Company of the Year award went to Beirut-based Koein.
- Microsoft award for the best website built on Microsoft - www.cbq.com.qa
- Best Arabic website in the Arab region - www.as7ab.maktoob.com
- Award of Honour - www.president-saleh.info
- Best web technology award - www.yamli.com
- Best strategic social network portal - www.dipark.com
- Best strategic oil and gas portal - www.enolubricants.com
- Best strategic media and press portal - www.alriyadh.com
- Best strategic ICT portal - www.nawras.om
- Best strategic government portal - www.cma.org.sa/cma_en/default.aspx
- Best strategic entertainment portal - www.pepsiseaofstars.com
- Best strategic education portal - www.kaust.edu.sa