Dubai: MAF Investments - Bahrain, owners and operators of the upcoming Bahrain City Centre, on Monday awarded the 128-million Bahraini dinar (Dh1.246 billion) main contract for the 200-million dinar project to Cebarco-WCT.
The agreement, signed by MAF Shopping Malls Chief Executive Graham Dreverman and Cebarco?WCT Chairman Khalid A. Rahim, paves the way for construction to begin on the project, which will be the largest mall in Bahrain and the second-largest in the Gulf region.
Opening in the second quarter of 2008, Bahrain City Centre will be the first integrated leisure and shopping destination in Bahrain.
Located in the heart of Manama, on Khalifa Bin Salman Highway in the upcoming Seef District, the 150,000 square metre shopping complex will have over 360 stores.
Maher Al Shair, General Manager of MAF Bahrain, said, ?With a wide variety of outlets, Bahrain City Centre will have something for everyone, young and old. Whether they are shopping for the latest high quality products, dining out or if they are just looking for a good time, City Centre will have it all.?
The project is expected to echo the successes of the Deira City Centre
and the Mall of the Emirates, both projects of MAF Investments, which have been experiencing booming business in the UAE.
Multi-facility centre to attract all
- Built-up area: 450,000 square metres.
- Retail Mall: Over 360 stores of international brands; First Carrefour hypermarket in the country; 20-screen cinema, the largest movie complex in the region and over 10 major anchor stores.
- Leisure: Family entertainment centre, Magic Planet, biggest indoor water park in the region.
- Dining: 40 food outlets and restaurants.
- Hotels: Two Hotels (one four star and one five star), with a combined capacity of 550 rooms.
- Car park: Multi-level facility to accommodate more than 5,500 cars.