- Physicists abuzz about possible new particle3 minutes ago
- Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams tweets racial slur5 minutes ago
- New Suez Canal keeps revenue inflow plans afloat8 minutes ago
- Children becoming Buddhist Monks9 minutes ago
- Devnath stands all in school cricket scenario10 minutes ago
- Egypt journalists protest raid at union11 minutes ago
- Russia celebrates its communal flats13 minutes ago
- Allegri: cup focus after Serie A celebrations17 minutes ago
- Prisoners’ children denied their identity22 minutes ago
- US pair recount 5-day ordeal in wilderness24 minutes ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.