- Live: Solar Impulse 2 lands in Abu Dhabi3 minutes ago
- How Abdul Nasser revolutionised the Arab world1 hr ago
- First Arab suicide bomber was a Christian1 hr ago
- Pictures: Si2 ends epic journey2 hrs ago
- Tourists to Rio, watch for street crime: report3 hrs ago
- Cyclist deserves his place in sporting history4 hrs ago
- Saudi helicopter crashes; five guards killed8 hrs ago
- Look out for insurance loopholes11 hrs ago
- Five Saudi soldiers killed at Yemen border12 hrs ago
- Brexit may erase $1.6tr from global M&A — study12 hrs ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.