- Mohammad attends graduation ceremony 5 hrs ago
- Lindt Café returns as symbol of Australian unity 6 hrs ago
- Cheating is their ‘birthright’ 7 hrs ago
- Solar Impulse 2 reaches China 7 hrs ago
- Attempt to ram US spy agency gates 7 hrs ago
- Dh1m insurance not enough to keep baby alive 8 hrs ago
- Nigeria awaits tense poll results 8 hrs ago
- South African Airways open to Etihad group 8 hrs ago
- UAE economy ‘will grow despite oil prices’ 8 hrs ago
- Small enterprises ‘key for job opportunities’ 9 hrs ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.