- 'The Italian' not banned in UAE 1 hr ago
- Emirates Group profits up 34% 1 hr ago
- 49.3 million flew with Emirates in last one year 2 hrs ago
- Kuwait Transparency Society board dissolved 2 hrs ago
- The 10 richest football teams in the world 3 hrs ago
- Olympian pulls out daughter's tooth with javelin 3 hrs ago
- Britain votes in a defining election 4 hrs ago
- US drug majors work to get insurers on board 29 minutes ago
- IBM calls in Watson to help with health records 40 minutes ago
- Rush to release cancer beating drugs hits $100b 45 minutes ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.