- 348m luxury ship anchors in Dubai 42 minutes ago
- Pictures: Modi plays Khasi drum 1 hr ago
- 4 best sports and exercises for Ramadan 3 hrs ago
- UAE’s diversity and harmony hold many lessons 3 hrs ago
- Creating a discipline in minds of people 3 hrs ago
- Dos and don'ts for non-Muslims during Ramadan 3 hrs ago
- Pictures: Real Madrid win Champions League 3 hrs ago
- Yanni returns to the UAE 28 minutes ago
- Champions League final: As it happened 8 hrs ago
- Dubai government scores 89% on happiness index 11 hrs ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.