- EU nears decision on labelling colony products32 minutes ago
- Jack Hobbs hits Kempton Park rivals for a six35 minutes ago
- Indian goalie Paul undaunted by Iran’s might36 minutes ago
- Mohammad receives Hadi43 minutes ago
- Mohammad offers condolences to martyrs’ families58 minutes ago
- Woman, 82, dies after performing Santhara1 hr ago
- Hamilton noses ahead of Raikkonen for Monza pole1 hr ago
- UN hopeful of Libya deal by September 201 hr ago
- Qatar to open embassy in Kabul1 hr ago
- Morocco’s ruling Islamists trail in local polls1 hr ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.