- Revealed: 15 richest cities on earth today28 minutes ago
- Sandy Tabet crowned Miss Lebanon 20161 hr ago
- Man divorces wife two hours after wedding1 hr ago
- Remittances to Asian countries on decline?2 hrs ago
- Tear gas used to disperse Calais residents2 hrs ago
- Tension high as France clears refugee 'Jungle'4 hrs ago
- Miranda Kerr to marry Snapchat founder Spiegel11 minutes ago
- Simon bans Niall Horan from ‘The X Factor’11 minutes ago
- Leslie Jones hits back at hackers in ‘SNL’ rant20 minutes ago
- Tom Jones still struggling with wife’s death22 minutes ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.