- IPL final: Mumbai vs Chennai in pictures 13 minutes ago
- Adnoc says no cut in research budget 27 minutes ago
- Government at your fingertips 59 minutes ago
- US says Iraqi forces ‘failed to fight’ in Ramadi 1 hr ago
- Greece can’t make June IMF repayment 2 hrs ago
- Libyan warplanes attack ship near port 2 hrs ago
- UAE banks see assets grow 9% to Dh2.38tr 2 hrs ago
- Mohammad chairs Cabinet meeting 2 hrs ago
- Israeli police say Palestinian stabs teens 3 hrs ago
- Gilani’s kidnapped son phones him 3 hrs ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.