- Turkey warns against Russia travel5 minutes ago
- Drunk man hacks wife, two children to death7 minutes ago
- Defiant Mexican students return to Ayotzinapa8 minutes ago
- Visitors should be prepared for turning pitches12 minutes ago
- Nestle India questions Lucknow lab findings13 minutes ago
- Syrian army moves against Daesh east of Aleppo14 minutes ago
- Kirchhofer wins penultimate GP3 race of season14 minutes ago
- US national remanded for ‘molesting’ boy15 minutes ago
- Holiday weekend store sales seen ailing21 minutes ago
- Asian Central banks seek more tools amid growth22 minutes ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.