- Women’s Heritage Walk: Stories from the trail 3 hrs away
- Man hits 3 with car and flees, shot by police5 hrs ago
- Vesnina and Makarova win doubles crown in Dubai5 hrs ago
- Pollard rescues Karachi from jaws of defeat5 hrs ago
- Costa conquers Jebel Hafeet for UAE Team5 hrs ago
- Cautious optimism on equities amid Trump orders7 hrs ago
- Trump sharpens attacks on media7 hrs ago
- Trump’s protectionism will hurt consumers7 hrs ago
- World cannot afford Trump’s protectionism7 hrs ago
- World is squeezed between eagle and tiger 7 hrs ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.