- Gemini Arabians are the MCL champions2 hrs ago
- Men get 30 years for beauty queen murder3 hrs ago
- Sow’s stoppage time winner saves day for Al Ahli4 hrs ago
- Jazan shooter was upset after school transfer7 hrs ago
- Day of pampering for women workers7 hrs ago
- Turkey PM threatens strikes against PYD7 hrs ago
- Al Shabab claims it is behind plane blast8 hrs ago
- ‘Don’ Voges takes his Test average past 1008 hrs ago
- Thakif bids for redemption in President’s Cup8 hrs ago
- Shares gain as global economy fears ease8 hrs ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.