- It’s always someone else’s money14 minutes ago
- Fashion fiesta in Basra15 minutes ago
- Gadgets galore at Gitex Shopper 20152 hrs ago
- Fiji storm to incident-packed win over Uruguay3 hrs ago
- ‘Rocky’, ‘Rambo’ props to go on auction7 minutes ago
- John Mayer gushes about The Grateful Dead7 minutes ago
- Marcia Gay Harden writing book about her mother7 minutes ago
- Tupac Shakur prison manifesto goes on sale7 minutes ago
- Ashley Judd: I was harassed by Hollywood exec7 minutes ago
- Paris Fashion Week: Sharapova talks sportwear11 minutes ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.