- The top job at the UN7 minutes ago
- Get ‘bounce fit’ in the capital10 minutes ago
- US strike on Daesh in Afghanistan kills 2714 minutes ago
- Kerala tourism hopeful as travel mart begins22 minutes ago
- Hillary trumps Donald in Gulf News poll25 minutes ago
- UDF upset because graft is arrested: Pinarayi29 minutes ago
- Strike brings Darjeeling to a standstill29 minutes ago
- Aleppo bombers will face God’s judgement: Pope37 minutes ago
- Iranian foreign minister holds talks in Turkey40 minutes ago
- Mohammad inaugurates State Security office45 minutes ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.