- Abu Dhabi Crown Prince, Saudi minister in talks20 minutes ago
- Cecil the lion’s brother ‘alive and well’51 minutes ago
- 5 reasons Kobe Bryant could play small forward1 hr ago
- Oil majors play out the waiting game1 hr ago
- ‘Third of distance race medallists on drugs’2 hrs ago
- Body care products hide untold microplastics3 hrs ago
- Consumers question microbead products3 hrs ago
- ‘Downton’ producer hints at film11 minutes ago
- Ashley Tisdale’s website for women empowerment11 minutes ago
- Donald Trump sues celebrity chef19 minutes ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.