- Investing to unlock value from GCC equities1 hr ago
- Peru finish third after beating Paraguay2 hrs ago
- Bollywood pins hopes on Khans for a better 201513 minutes ago
- Hema Malini out of hospital19 minutes ago
- ‘Batman v Superman’: 5 things we now know25 minutes ago
- Dubai actress Asha Sharath a star in South India50 minutes ago
- Grateful Dead: One last hurrah1 hr ago
- A luxurious evening1 hr ago
- Yemeni students studying in the US in limbo7 hrs ago
- How Iranian oil tankers keep war machine alive7 hrs ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.