- Cipotegato gather thousands in Tarazona7 minutes ago
- Education costs major concern for parents23 minutes ago
- McEnroe snaps coaching ties with Raonic38 minutes ago
- Drawing out children’s trauma in quake-hit Italy41 minutes ago
- UAE school essentials, prices and trends44 minutes ago
- ‘Shoddy renovations led to high Italy toll’45 minutes ago
- Philippine extremists stage mass jailbreak48 minutes ago
- Addict risks all in deadly Philippine drug war52 minutes ago
- An airman left for dead, but signs he fought on58 minutes ago
- Supporters of Rousseff say she broke no laws59 minutes ago
Another Day to Day store opens in Dubai
- Posted by By Florence Pia G. Yu, News Editor-Web
- Published 9:42 April 9, 2013
Day to Day is opening another store in Bur Dubai this Thursday.
The salesman told me the grand opening will be at 6pm.
The new store is located opposite the Fahidi metro station in Bur Dubai, in the corner along the street where the Jumbo Electronics store is located.
I remember my first initiation into thrift shopping in Dubai. A few friends dragged me to Karama where they promised I could buy items for just Dh1 to Dh2. I thought they were kidding. Until we stepped into the Day to Day store.
I saw souvenir gift items for Dh2 which were sold at posh shops for 10 or 20 times the price. I was like a kid let loose in a candy store.
It's been a long time since that time in 2001 and I'm sure the prices have gone up, but getting today's news on Day to Day just makes me nostalgic. I might pick up a shopping bag soon.