Careers at Gulf News
Al Nisr Group is always looking for ambitious individuals who have the skills we require and the right level of drive & determination. If you are interested in a career with us, this is the place to start.
IT ENGINEER - RADIO
We are looking for a Radio / IT Engineer for our state-of-the-art radio and IT facility. The Engineer will work within the Radio Broadcast Engineering team and will be responsible for the maintenance, repair and betterment of all the radio stations.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Aiding in installing, upgrading, maintaining and repairing studio broadcast and IT equipment.
- Assuring reliable technical setup and operation of equipment.
- Assisting in & maintaining the documentation of radio engineering systems.
- Performing and documenting preventative maintenance of all equipment.
- Performing planning and technical execution of Outside Broadcast.
- Ensuring adherence to defined processes.
- Providing desktop support to all the staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or IT and must have at least three years of Radio Broadcast Engineering experience.
- Expert knowledge of Broadcast Mixers and Automated Play-out systems (working knowledge of Telos, RCS, KLOTZ, Studer a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of IT on Windows Server 2003/2008, Microsoft SQL 2005/2008.
- (MSCE Certification a plus).
- Good knowledge of Networking (Routing, VPN’s, NAT, etc.)
- Ability to quickly and accurately troubleshoot issues of audio and IT impairments in a high pressure fast-paced environment.
- Should demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks on time and with quality.
- Excellent English communication skills (Written and Spoken)
Applicants must be willing to work in rotating shifts and should be available on call to attend to emergencies. They should demonstrate strong team player skills. Candidates with driving license preferred. To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to Nilanjana Javed: firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 9th February, 2015.
BILLING & REVENUE CONTROLLER
The position is required to head the Billing and Revenue Control Team for the Credit Control Department.
Key Performance Areas include:
- Billing & Invoices Printing in a SAP enabled environment
- Revenue Adjustments (Debit & Credit Notes)
- Revenue Reconciliation
- Receipt Books Control
- Barter Balances Reconciliation
The ideal candidate should posses the following skills / qualities:
- Should be a Postgraduate / C.A. Inter / Graduate in Commerce
- IT savvy with exposure to a reputed ERP Software, preferably SAP
- Excellent MS Office skills with particular emphasis on Word and Excel
- Highly customer and process focused with sharp commercial sense
- Must have an investigative and analytical approach
- This position requires exceptional communication, organisational & interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and internal controls in a highly computerised environment
- Minimum of 2 years experience in billing & invoicing, revenue adjustments (debit / credit notes) & revenue reconciliation
- Preference will be given to those with business knowledge of the Media Industry
The selected candidate can look forward to a competitive remuneration package, company sponsorship and other benefits. To apply, please send your CV along with a covering letter to Nilanjana Javed : email@example.com latest by 31st January, 2015.