- Blast kills 19 in 'illegal' coal mine in China27 minutes ago
- Megi hits China after killing 4 in Taiwan31 minutes ago
- Watch: How Abu Dhabi’s new airport looks like1 hr ago
- What's new at UAE cinemas this week1 hr ago
- Human colony on Mars ‘in our lifetime’3 hrs ago
- Schuerrle equaliser stuns Real Madrid4 hrs ago
- Leicester win to maintain 100% start4 hrs ago
- Trump's new ‘fat’ attack on ex-Miss Universe4 hrs ago
- India to tax cheats: Pay up or else...13 minutes ago
- India quits summit as Pakistan tensions rise5 hrs ago
20 is the lucky number
- Posted by Nadia Eldemerdash, Web Producer
- Published 16:58 February 5, 2013
It’s certainly the theme of a unique event.
On Feb. 9, the Maraya Art Center is hosting the country’s first ever PechaKucha Night. It’s an idea out of Japan and becoming popular around the world, where artists present their work through 20 images, with 20 seconds allotted per image – a 20x20 format, as its described.
There are 12 artists presenting at the center in Al Qasba at 8:20 p.m. (20:20, get it?). Presentations will span a number of topics including art (obviously), philanthropy, technology and women’s entrepreneurship, so it should cover a variety of interests (and present them pretty quickly, which is the whole idea behind it. The PechaKucha site describes it as “the art of concise presentations.”).
No pre-booking is required to attend.